The BICS system consists of THE MOST ADVANCED SUBSEA FIBER OPTIC FACILITY with:
- Over 1,000 km submarine fiber cable
- 1,784 km of terrestrial fiber
- Network and premises-based solutions for TDM, SONET, Ethernet and IP
- Designed for DWDM for up to 80 wave lengths now and 160 in the future, yielding digital bandwidths capacity of up to 12 Tbp/s and beyond
- Complete route diversity, self-healing with less than 50 millisecond switching functionality.
The integration of the BICS all Optical Network and the Service Intelligent Terminal equipment, creates architecture to deliver industry-leading network-based and premises-based solutions for such services as Frame Relay, ATM, TDM, SONET, Ethernet and IP.
This Architecture allows conversion from the North American Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) to the European Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) for interoperability and connection with other International Carriers that serve the Caribbean.
The installed network multi-service provisioning platforms enable integrating the aggregation and transport functions from separate network elements into an integrated network system providing internetworking solutions. These unified solutions are also designed to blend multi types of traffic that are prioritized and enabled for quality of service (QoS) across common optical facilities.
The BICS all Optical system is currently designed for DWDM for up to 80 wave lengths now and 160 in the future, yielding digital bandwidths capacity of up to 12 tbp/s and beyond.
The BICS fiber-optic subsea network has route diversity and is self-healing with less than 50 millisecond switching functionality. UNPARALLELD RELIABILITY ALL AROUND.